Our second day in New Hampshire was spent in the White Mountains. The drive was about an hour away from the Patterson's house. We enjoyed our time there - we had a relaxing day!
The Basin - a big circle area at the bottom part of the mountain that's about 15 ft deep.

Group shot at the Basin area - Tim, Deb, Carissa, Scott, Bill, and me!

Bill and I with our feet in the 'northern waters'

Although the water was bone-chilling cold, Bill embraced the experience and got all the way in!!!

We hiked up the mountain trail - look at all those roots!

Bill and I on the rocks where we stopped to see the view.

We left that area and headed for Cannon Mountain. We took the cable car up to the top (the picture only shows the first 2/3 of the ride... it was longer... a 7 minute ride...) and then hiked the "summit trail". I convinced myself that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and went for it despite my fear of heights (not to mention the slight vertigo that occurs!). I didn't do much looking from the top, but I enjoyed the scenery none the less.

Bill on the other had fun "on the edge". :)

At the peak, there is an observation tower. This is not the top. I didn't go to the top. I made it to the first platform and after this picture was gripping the side rail.

This is the picture for the history books! I'm sitting on the edge!!!! :)
The views were beautiful. :)
After this we went to Mt. Washington... but I didn't have a picture ready to upload yet... it was fun to see the fancy Mt. Washington Hotel, and the peak of the mountain was actually covered in fog... so we can say we saw it, but it wasn't the greatest of views.
Day three is our trip up to Maine!
1 comment:
p.s. Scott was a helpful photographer and took all the pictures we have of Bill off the trail and near the edge. :) Thanks Scott!
Post a Comment