Friday was our last day with the Patterson's before heading north to the Barton's. We started the day by crossing into Maine and visiting the Nubble Lighthouse.
Before leaving for more driving, we took one last group shot with Scott and Carissa.
We arrived in Bar Harbor, Maine and headed straight to the boat for our whale watching tour. They told us to dress in warm clothes, and I'm glad we did! It got to be about 45 degrees once we were away from land and out in the chilly sea air. We spent the first 40 minutes of our 3 hour tour "driving" out of the harbor and towards where the whales were.
It was worth the wait and the cold temperatures! It was neat to see real whales up close. They were close enough to see well, but not close enough to freak me out! :)

After we were finished whale watching, we drove to Chuck and Gail Barton's house in Trenton, Maine. They had a lovely dinner ready and waiting for us, and we spent the evening catching up with family that we haven't seen in a long time. (Chuck is my dad's cousin)
Saturday we spent the day with Chuck and Gail on Bar Harbor island in Acadia National Park. The picture below is us at the top of Cadillac Mountain.

For lunch, Chuck and Gail treated us at Jordon Pond. They are well known for their 'popovers'. I felt very touristy taking the picture, but I'm glad I did. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment