Wednesday, August 22, 2012

oh I'd really rather not...

Connor had a transition this week.  
And I, well, I had a sort of melt-down over the weekend, but have been doing pretty well since.

He doesn't know it, but he has made a transition.

He is no longer a stay-at-home son.  He is a daycare-in-the-morning son.

How does he feel about it?
Well, as long as Dino  
(the friendly dinosaur, in the shape of a backpack)  
gets to come, he seems just fine.






Monday he was so excited to be in the car (that's right, excited to be in the car) with Dino and looking at a book; he chattered on and on the whole ride.
When we got to our friend's house, he was so excited to see everyone ~ friends from church ~ that he barely said goodbye to me.

Tuesday, we pulled into the driveway and he literally started clapping!

It makes it a little easier for this Mama that he likes where he is during the morning.
Next week we start at the real daycare... so we'll see how that goes.
So far. So good.

But, secretly, I'd really rather be home... I know people tell me that it will somehow make me a better mom, that I will like being with adults for a change, that Connor needs it, and a million other things that are supposed to make me feel better.  But... I'd rather still be home.

I spent Monday and Tuesday morning taking notes in the library at school.
Sitting in a little kid school chair.  Seriously.

I'll update again next Wednesday on how the transition is going ~ hopefully it's still going well!


2 comments:

Alison said...

I know you'd rather be at home, and I don't blame you. Brave of you to actually admit it.

But, I'm glad to hear that Connor is loving it :)

Anonymous said...

I promise you will never get "used" to it , however it does get easier. I would greatly prefer to be home the 40+ hours I am at work, but the one perk is you will treasure the time you get with your son even more plus don't you get summers off!