Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Band-aid TRAMA


So, Connor had a little incident while helping unpack from our recent camping trip.

He was helping me unpack the bathroom box, and inbetween bringing me the toothpaste, and the shampoo, he picked up Bill's razor.  I had forgot it was in there - he normally uses an electric one - so it slipped my mind to take it out before Connor started helping.

Connor handed it to me, and then went back to the box.  When he brought me the next thing, it was covered in red... so I put two-and-two together and realized he must have cut himself with the razor.

Mind you, he had not made so much as an eyebrow raise while he was bleeding.  Just carrying on like everything was normal.  I put his hand under the sink, and called Bill for help getting a band-aid for the tinny tiny little scrape on his finger.

Well, when Bill went to put the band-aid on, because it was still bleeding and we needed to keep the pressure on to help it stop - the waterworks started.  Crying, screaming, wiggling.  Tantrum is the word I'm looking for.  You would have thought we were going to make him bleed.  Oh wait...

So, band-aid #1 was abandoned in the bathroom and I took him into the office to watch some Thomas the Train and keep pressure on his finger.  When it finally stopped bleeding, he kept wanting to touch it... so, back into the bathroom I went for band-aid #2.  This time, I didn't go for a small one, I went for a regular sized band-aid.  With the help of Bill holding his hand, I was able to put it on, but it was kinda...messy.

He was again, throwing a fit until we told him he would have a hot dog and a pickle for lunch.

This is where the video finds us, at lunch, after holding his hand near his plate for a while, and he was eating peacefully... he remembered the band-aid.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he sure looks like his momma!(did)

love to all,

momily